Thursday, August 6, 2009

my lovely wife

It's my wife's birthday today, so I wanted to take a minute to recount a little of what she means to me.

"Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life...

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

Proverbs 31:11-12,28-30

My wife is truly astounding; She is 7 months pregnant now (as you can tell, this pic was taken a few months ago :) and is handling everything so well!

I have known Jen now for almost 8 years. I still remember the first day I met her. In September, 2001 I walked into a nearly empty classroom at Cal State Fullerton and there she was in the front/center seat with the biggest most beautiful smile I had ever seen... I am not joking or being schmaltzy when i say, it was like a fresh breath of air. It wasn't 'love at first sight, wah wah wah, blah blah blah,' but it was a very real feeling, that I remember to this day.

I fell for her by the end of that school year and knew she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life when I went to England (for 40 days/nights in the summer of 2002) and found out I couldn't live without her. We were married on June 26, 2004 and this year we celebrated our 'Wooden' anniversary.

She has been a sweet inspiration, a genuine friend, a strong helper, a devoted christian, a loving mother, a tireless worker, a determined realist, and, all the while, a trusting partner; she is my loving wife. Happy Birthday, Jenny.

2 comments: